Valheim: How to use Thunderstore Mod Manager for Modding
In this guide, we will go through everything you need to know to get started with Thunderstore Mod Manager in Valheim.
In this article
Install Thunderstore Mod Manager
- Go to the Thunderstore Mod Manager download page: https://www.overwolf.com/app/Thunderstore-Thunderstore_Mod_Manager
- Click Download and follow the instructions to install it on your computer.
- Search for Valheim and click Select game.
Tip: Click Set as default if you want to save the selection for the next time you open Thunderstore Mod Manager.
- Create a new profile or select the default one available.
Find and install mods
When you have launched Thunderstore Mod Manager and selected your profile you can start adding some mods.
- Click on the Online section in the left menu.
- Search around for some mods that you are interested in.
Tip: You can Sort the list by “Download count” to find the most popular mods
- When you want to install a mod, simply click on it and then click Download.
Share profile with friends
Sharing your Thunderstore Mod Manager profile is a great way to get all your friends to use the same mods.
- Open Thunderstore Mod Manager and select your profile, if you haven’t already done it.
- Go to the Settings page in the left menu.
- Scroll down until you find Export profile as a code and then click on it.
Upload mods to DatHost
When using mods for Valheim it’s sometimes required to upload the mods to the server, and sometimes recommended to sync the configuration files so everyone on the server has the same config. Follow this guide to upload your mods to DatHost:
Finding the mods folder
- Open Thunderstore Mod Manager and select your profile.
- Go to the Settings page in the left menu
- Click on the option Browse profile folder
- Open the BepInEx folder.
Note: The Windows file explorer may be opened in the background.
- You should now find a folder called plugins. This is the folder you should upload to DatHost.
Uploading the mods folder
- Go to your DatHost Control Panel
- Click Edit on your Valheim server
- Go to the Mods & Plugins page found in the left menu
- Drag and drop the plugins folder you found in the step above to the designated area.